Lahore. Sunday, August 22, 2001.
Ali Zafar joined hands with the District Administration Lahore to honour and celebrate five of our young sports heroes at the Fakhr-e-Pakistan event held on 22nd August 2021. He lauded and congratulated the athletes for their recent successes, and the international recognition they have garnered for our country. Speaking on the occasion, he emphasised the importance of equal opportunities for women in sports and all areas of life all areas of life. He also called on sponsors to step up and support the development of sports and invest in the growth of our athletes.
@AliZafarsays presented checks and joined the District Administration Lahore to honour our sports heroes on Sunday. He stressed the importance of sports for our youth and the country. #sportsinPakistan #AliZafarFoundation pic.twitter.com/GVEtQAjDPi— Ali Zafar Foundation (@AliZFoundation) August 26, 2021
The Fakhr-e-Pakistan event celebrated the following Pakistani athletes for their achievements of late:
- Nida Dar, the first Pakistani cricketer (male or female) to have acquired one hundred T20I wickets
- Aliya Riaz, Pakistan women’s cricket’s boom boom
- Shehroze Kashif, the youngest person to have summited Everest, and the youngest Pakistani to have submitted both Mount Everest and K2
- Talha Talib, who successfully represented Pakistan in weightlifting at the Tokyo Olympics
- Arshad Nadeem, our javelin ace who just narrowly missed out on the bronze medal at the Tokyo Olympics
Ali Zafar honours our young sports heroes with the Ali Zafar Foundation! At the Fakhr-e-Pakistan event organised by the Lahore District Administration on Sunday, the artist presented cheques to the brilliant athletes and specially lauded our amazing women cricketers! pic.twitter.com/SUg70B7fuS— Ali Zafar Foundation (@AliZFoundation) August 23, 2021
The least one can do. You are the first cricketer (man or woman) in Pakistan to take 100 wickets in T20. You have shown that women are no less and in fact better in many ways. They deserve a lot more in all fields. Equal opportunity. Equal recognition. Equal pay. https://t.co/hqF393jOt5 pic.twitter.com/Gc0deUQQI7— Ali Zafar (@AliZafarsays) August 23, 2021